RC FLIGHT TRAINING - Helicopter or Airplane
Our expert instructor pilots will guide you through training from complete beginner to expert whether you want to fly R/C for fun, 3D competition or commercial applications. Schedule on demand lessons if you are in the Los Angeles area or travel here and attend a week long comprehensive R/C Flight School*. Learn to fly, setup and maintain your helicopter or airplane for maximum enjoyment.
- Flight training from beginner to expert including 3D 3D video
- Learn to setup, program and maintain your equipment
- Select your pace and goals - hobby, competition or commercial
- Professional curriculum to ensure full comprehension of flight, maneuvers, radios, aircraft setup and maintenance with an emphasis on safety
- Train on your equipment or rent ours
- Local lessons or travel to Los Angeles for a week packed with maximum flight experience at our R/C Flight School*
- Hire our instructors to come to you for private or group lessons (domestic or international)
- Train on your choice of electric, nitro or gas helicopters and electric or nitro airplanes
- Learn optional skills such as aerial photography, FPV or UAV systems
INTRODUCTORY FLIGHTS - Want to try before you buy? Take intro lessons on our equipment, try different types of aircraft, learn what to expect and what equipment you really need. Prevent expensive mistakes most beginners pay for unnecessarily. We'll explain it all and show you just exactly what you want for maximum fun and minimum investment.
RC HELICOPTER FLIGHT SCHOOL* - One Week of
Concentrated Skill Building Professional Training
A comprehensive one week school to get you up and going quickly. You’ll fly approximately 4 hours per day for a week plus receive an extensive 14 hour ground school course on equipment, setup, maintenance, and flight dynamics. You will leave as a competent R/C pilot capable of building, maintaining and flying the helicopter of your choice. Bring your laptop and practice each days lessons on the included flight simulator after hours.
Includes 30 hours of flight training on any combination of electric, nitro or gas helicopters
Includes syllabus, training manuals, log book and completion certificate
All aircraft and equipment supplied but you can bring your own if you prefer
Includes a licensed copy of Real Flight™ PC flight simulator
Graduates eligible for 10% discount off flight training on our ultra light helicopters
Recommended Option: Build and setup your very own helicopter step by step with your professional instructor (price depends on your selection of helicopter and equipment)
* Assistance with booking local accommodations provided.
Advanced Flight Courses
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (AP)
Learn the advanced skills and proper helicopter setup to acquire great aerial photos or video. You'll learn the techniques to get the imagery you want and how to equip your aircraft for flight stability and safe operation. Learn camera techniques, remote camera control, live video downlinks, lenses and digital composition.
FIRST PERSON VIEW (FPV)
Experience the thrill of flying from the visual point of view of your aircraft. You'll learn the additional skills to equip and setup your aircraft with onboard video systems to provide your eyes in the sky. Join in on one of the newest exciting facets of RC flight.
* FPV requires advanced flight skills. Students for this class will have to pass an evaluation to be eligible for further training