Aircraft Parts and Kit Fabrication - Aircraft Manufacturing
Rotor F/X offers a full compliment of aviation manufacturing and fabrication services. We can make any part you might need for your airframe project whether it is a precision scale model or a full size aircraft. Capabilities include milling, machining, welding, cutting, aluminum forming as well as molds, composite and fiberglass layup and foam cutting/milling. Finish off with high quality paint and custom airbrushing.
Equipment and Services
- CNC Foam Wire Cutting - wings, spars or other parts up to 144" x 46" per piece
- CNC 3D Foam Milling - fuselages, canopies or almost any 3 dimensional shape up to 50" x 46" x 44" in a single piece
- CNC 4-Axis Milling and Routing - all metals, plastics and composites
- CNC Plasma Cutting - high precision frames and other 2D parts up to 36" x 48"
- Composites Layup and Fabrication - precision fiberglass, carbon fiber and hybrid parts
- Finishing and Painting - flawless gel coat or or add your choice of any custom paint or airbrushed design
- Welding - TIG, MIG, SMAW or Stick for aluminum, steel, titanium and iconel
Experimental and Ultra Light Helicopters and Gyrocopter Parts and Components
- Airframes and tail booms
- Fuselages and panels
- Cockpits and fixtures
- Firewalls and floor panels
- Rotor head components and systems
- Gear boxes and transmissions
- Control systems and components
- Entire kits from your plans
- Reproduction or duplication of parts no longer available from OEM
- Custom parts from your plans, drawings or sketches
CNC Foam Cutting and Foam Milling
Whether it is a cowling mold, an RC wing, a replica part or an original design from your CAD file or sketch we'll cut or mill your part in foam. Our state of the art large scale systems give you the choice of using a hotwire for wings, stabilizers and other constant face shapes or a full 3D 4-axis CNC router where appropriate to create the precision complex shape or design you desire. We can handle single pieces up to 55" x 46" x 44". Make a mold or prototype for your fairing, wheel pants or an RC fuselage. We'll ship you the finished item or have our in house lay- up department complete the job with fiberglass, carbon fiber or hybrid composites finished to a flawless gel or painted to your specs.
Our militaqry certified welders (MIL-STD-1595A and MIL-STD-2219) can provide you with a superior welded product implementing GTAW (TIG/Heliarc), GMAW (MIG/Flux cored) or SMAW (Arc) and work with all metals including aluminum, steel, titanium or iconel. From experimental airframes to motor mounts or repairs we'll get the job done quickly and professionally to the very highest standards.